Views: 9 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-07-05 Origin: Site
Rhubarb extract is Rheum palmatum L Rheum tanguticum maxim ex Balf. Or Rheum officinale baill Extracts from dried roots and rhizomes of. It is mainly produced in Qinghai, Gansu, Sichuan and other places. Rhubarb is mainly produced in Sichuan, Hubei and other places. The effective ingredients are anthraquinone compounds, including rhein, emodin, chrysophanol, aloe emodin, emodin methyl ether, etc., which have the effects of scavenging oxygen free radicals, regulating blood lipids, anti arteriosclerosis, anti-cancer, anti-aging, anti psychosis, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, protecting the liver and gallbladder, anti-virus and so on.
1. Impact on digestive system
(1) Purgative effect: the main effect site of diarrhea is in the large intestine. The effective component of rhubarb is anthracoside, mainly sennoside. Sennoside decomposes under the action of intestinal bacterial enzymes to produce anthrone rhein, which can stimulate large intestine mucosa, increase intestinal peristalsis and diarrhea. In addition, it can also inhibit na+, k+ - ATPase on intestinal cell membrane, hinder na+ transport, increase intestinal osmotic pressure, retain a large amount of water, and promote intestinal peristalsis and diarrhea.
(2) Cholagogic and hepatoprotective effects: rhubarb extract can promote bile secretion, increase the content of bilirubin and bile acids in bile, relieve the spasm of bile sphincter, enhance the relaxation of duodenum and bile duct, and dredge the cholestasis in bile duct and micro bile duct.
2. Impact on blood system
(1) Hemostatic effect: rhubarb extract has definite hemostatic effect and quick effect. The active ingredient is α- Catechin, gallic acid. The mechanism is to promote the adhesion and aggregation of platelets; Increase platelet count and fibrinogen content; Reduce antithrombin III activity; Constrict the blood vessels in the injured area.
(2) Hypolipidemic effect: rhubarb extract can reduce the levels of total cholesterol, triacylglycerol, low density lipoprotein, very low density lipoprotein and lipid peroxide. Rhubarb was made into granules and taken continuously for 2 months, which had good lipid-lowering effect and no adverse reactions.
(3) Blood activating effect: rhubarb extract has the effect of blood dilution, which may be through the plasma osmotic effect to promote the transfer of extracellular fluid to the blood vessels, so that the blood is diluted, resulting in the reduction of blood cells and the decrease of blood viscosity, so as to enhance microcirculation and achieve the purpose of blood activating.
3. Anti infection effect
Rhubarb extract has inhibitory effect on a variety of gram-positive and negative bacteria in vitro, especially on paratyphoid bacillus, dysentery bacillus and so on. It also has certain killing effect on hepatitis B virus, various fungi, amoeba protozoa and Trichomonas vaginalis. The main antibacterial ingredients are rhein, emodin and aloe emodin. The antibacterial mechanism is mainly to inhibit the oxidation and dehydrogenation of glucose metabolic intermediates, and inhibit the synthesis of protein and nucleic acid; Inhibition of bacterial biological oxidase system; Induce interferon.
4. Antipyretic effect
In the acute stage of acute or infectious diseases, rhubarb extract can play a cooling role, and the cooling is stable, without sweating or collapse and other adverse reactions. Its antipyretic mechanism is to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandin E in the central body temperature, reduce the content of cyclic glycoside nucleic acid, expand peripheral blood vessels and increase heat dissipation to achieve the purpose of cooling.
5. Immune regulation
Rhubarb extract has a two-way regulatory effect on immune function, with different degrees of immunosuppression. It can inhibit or block cellular immunity and humoral immunity. Long term application can cause the atrophy of thymus, spleen, lymph nodes and other immune organs. In addition, rhubarb can increase the phagocytosis of macrophages in the abdominal cavity of mice, promote the production of interferon in the human body, and improve the immune ability, so as to achieve the purpose of clearing the virus.