Views: 3 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-22 Origin: Site
The pharmacological effects of cassia seed extract
Cassia seed extract is the dried mature seeds of the legume Cassia obtusifolia L. or Cassia tora L., which has the effects of clearing heat, improving eyesight, and moisturizing the intestines.
1. Research on the effect of lowering blood lipids has found that the extract of Cassia Seed has a significant effect on lowering blood pressure, lowering serum total cholesterol and raising high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
2. Lowering blood pressure. Cassia seed can produce vasodilator effect, so it can lower blood pressure.
3. Liver protection studies have shown that the Chinese medicine Cassia seed extract has therapeutic or protective effects on carbon tetrachloride, D-galactosamine, alcoholic liver injury, and non-alcoholic fatty liver injury caused by liver injury.
4. The purgative effect of Cassia seeds may be due to the anthraquinone compounds promoting the peristalsis of the intestinal wall, reducing the absorption of food, thereby enhancing the excretion of the intestinal tract. The polysaccharide and cellulose component Chemicalbook play a laxative effect, and the combined effect of the two is enhanced, showing a synergistic effect of pharmacodynamics.
5. Antioxidant effect studies have shown that water-soluble polysaccharides have inhibitory effects on red blood cell hemolysis, which proves that Cassia seed has the ability of anti-oxidation in vitro.
6. Antibacterial effect Traditional Chinese medicine Cassia seed ethanol extract and chloroform extract have certain antibacterial effect on Curvularia, Fusarium, Staphylococcus aureus, Sclerotinia sclerotiorum and Cotton anthracnose. And cotton anthracnose bacteria have the most significant inhibitory effect and the highest antibacterial rate.
7. Other functions In addition, studies have shown that Cassia seed has anti-aging, weight loss, prevention and treatment of chronic kidney disease, prevention of Alzheimer's disease, and immune enhancement.