Huang Jing, also known as Siberian Solomon's Seal, is the dried rhizome of Polygonatum sibiricum. The Chinese Pharmacopeia describes it as an herb that tonifies Qi, nourishes Yin, fortifies the Spleen, moistens the Lungs and tonifies the Kidney. Its main active compound consists of three different solomonseal polysaccharides, and 3 types of oligosaccharides. It also contains saponins similar to those of Ginseng and Astragalus.
1. To nourish yin, promote the production of body fluids, and relieve dryness syndrome.
2. Anti-aging effect on the immune system.
3. Hypolipidemic and anti-atherosclerotic effect.
4. Protection of myocardial function, protect the liver, protecting nerve function, antibacterial effect.
5. Polygonum with adrenal cortical hormone-like effect.
6. Polygonum and preparation can extend the growth cycle of diploid cells, the cell growth vigorous, life extension.
1. As the raw materials of drugs, it is mainly used in pharmaceutical field;
2. As active ingredients of health products, it is mainly used in health product industry;
3. As pharmaceutical raw materials.