Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-07-21 Origin: Site
A doctor of Medicine analyzed the composition of leaves and isolated a crystallizable substance he named Brucine, a bitter substance that he thought had strong antipyretic properties. This is also considered to be the beginning of modern research on olive leaf extract. Olive leaf extract is a broad-spectrum antibacterial component taken orally. The most active substance identified in olive leaves is oleopicroside, a class of bitter monoglycosides that are classified as schizoiridoids. Oleopicroside and its hydrolysates have unique significance for the antibacterial function of olive leaves.
The main components of olive leaf extract are iridoid bitter substances, and the highest activities are oleopicroside and hydroxytyrosol.
Combined with the characteristics of olive leaf extract, we can apply it in the following fields.
It is used to manufacture new drugs for the treatment of diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, protozoa, parasites and blood sucking insects, as well as new drugs for the treatment of colds.
In Europe and the United States and other countries, olive leaf extract is mainly used as a dietary supplement to regulate immunity.
Skin care products
The high content of oleopicroside is mainly used in skin care products, which can protect skin cells from UV damage, effectively maintain skin tenderness and elasticity, and achieve the effect of strengthening and rejuvenating skin. Microherb has a high content of 80% oleopicroside, which is specially designed for skin care products. With high effective ingredients and light color, it is very suitable for cosmetic formula design.
1. Protection - antioxidation - maintain the viability of skin cells
Ultraviolet rays can cause the formation of free radicals, which can damage skin cells and even cause cell death in the morning. Suppose that the skin cells are exposed to light, look at the changes of keratinocytes and fibroblasts -- some are coated with pure olive leaf extract essence, others are not coated. After 24 hours, observe the condition of their cells, and find that the cells coated with pure olive leaf essence are almost intact.
2. Protective antioxidant reaction
Ultraviolet light can also cause the breakdown of lipids in the cell membrane, which is called peroxidation. In addition to the skin fiber cells, some were coated with pure olive leaf essence, while others did not. After that, fluorescence analysis measures a special substance secreted during the decomposition process to measure the degree of its peroxidation. Experiments have proved that pure olive leaf essence can effectively organize the peroxidation reaction, so as to highly protect fiber cells.
3. Repair - promote the metabolism of collagen - promote the synthesis of collagen in the process of skin aging, the ability of collagen synthesis gradually decreases, and fiber cells can only produce a small amount of collagen. We measured the promotion of collagen synthesis in the cell culture environment. Some added pure olive leaf essence, while others did not. The amount of proline (an amino acid) was used as an index to measure the newly synthesized collagen. Experiments show that olive leaf essence can significantly promote the production of collagen protein by fibroblasts.
4. Anti glycan reaction glycan reaction is a reaction that occurs in the cell membrane. It will cause collagen reticulation, so that the collagen protein loses its original elasticity, and the skin will appear depression, that is, wrinkles. This phenomenon increases gradually with age. After 8 days of incubation in 37C tubes, the derivative of glycan reaction - formed between lysine and glucose-6-phosphate (ester) enzyme - was tracked by fluorescence analysis. This experiment was also carried out when pure olive leaf essence was added and there was no pure olive leaf essence, which proved its important role in anti glycan reaction.
5. Anti collagenase collagenase is an enzyme produced by fiber cells under the influence of free radicals -- under UV irradiation, keratinocytes will release some information, thereby stimulating fiber cells to produce collagenase. Add pure olive leaf essence to keratinocyte culture medium and place it under UVA and UVB irradiation. The results showed that pure olive leaf essence indirectly reduced the secretion of collagenase by inhibiting the production of "information" of keratinocytes caused by ultraviolet light.