Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a perennial herb in the mint family Lamiaceae, native to southern Europe and the Mediterranean region.In North America, Melissa officinalis has escaped cultivation and spread into the wild.Lemon balm requires light and at least 20 degrees Celsius (70 degrees Fahrenheit) to germinate.Lemon balm grows in clumps and spreads vegetatively as well as by seed.In mild temperate zones, the stems of theplant die off at the start of the winter, but shoot up again in spring.
1.Be antioxidant and antitumor activity
2.Antimicrobial, antiviral activity against a variety of viruses, including herpes simplex virus (HSV) and HIV-1
3. Has mild sedatives, anxiety reduction and hypnotics
4. Has modulate for mood and cognitive enhancement, mild sedative and sleep aid
5. Has memory-enhancing properties
6. Has widely use as a mild sedative and antibacterial agent.
1. Melissa Extract, in foods and beverages, is widely used for flavoring.
2. Melissa Extract, in health care product field, is used for promoting sleep and improving appetite.
3. Melissa Extract, in pharmaceutical field, is frequently used as mild sedative agent to regulate mood and significantly increase calmness and alertness.