Maitake is classed as a polypore, a mushroom without the common feature of a singular cap and gills. Instead, it has multiple branching stems with flowery-ruffed caps. The underside of these caps is covered with a thin layer of densely packed pores. common name is lotus flower, because of the shape is like dance skirt, so Japanese name it as dance mushroom.
Maitake is a precious fungus as food and medicine. Recently it is popular in American and Japanese market as a kind of excellent health caring food, and its unique nutrition and medical value attracts ever wider attention. Maitake polysaccharide has anticancer and anti-HIV function and can adjust immune and incretion and nutrition metabolizing. Maitake mushroom is also good in curing hepatitis.
1. Inhibit cancer;
2. Slow down aging and promote the gonad function;
3. Prevent and treat diabetes;
4. Inhibit obesity and regulate blood pressure in a two-way fashion for the treatment of arteriosclerosis and cerebral embolism;
5. Enhance facial beauty and moisten the skin to postpone the appearance of age pigment;
6. Increase appetite, promote growth, build up immunity and improve memory.
1. As drugs’ raw materials for anti-cancer, anti-tumor treating stomach disease and Alzheimer's disease, it is used in the pharmaceutical field;
2.As raw materials of products used for enhancing immunity and easing stress, it is used in health industry
3.Maitake Mushroom Extract can be used as major ingredients for all kinds of health care products, flavor food (drinks, ice cream,etc.), functional foods.