Liquorice (British English) or licorice (American English) is the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra from which a sweet flavour can be extracted. The liquorice plant is a herbaceous perennial legume native to the Western Asia and southern Europe.
licorice root is an effective expectorant, and has been used for this purpose since ancient times, especially in Ayurvedic medicine where it is also used in tooth powders. Modern cough syrups often include licorice extract as an ingredient.
1. It has certain antipyretic analgesic action;
2. It can promote gastric juice to secrete, helping digestion;
3. Have increase metabolism, anti-aging functions
4. Reducing fever and nourish yin
1. Applied in food field, it is a kind of nourishing food which has much benefits to brain
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it can be used to treat coronary heart disease and has better effect
3. Applied in cosmetic field, it owns the function of whitening, dispelling spot, anti-wrinkle and activating skin cells.