Berberine HCL, also called berberine hydrochloride, is a derivative of berberine. Berberine is a kind of isoquinoline alkaloids,extracted from the rhizome of Coptis Chinensis (also called Chinese Goldthread).Berberine is yellow powder, soluble in water and hardly soluble in benzene, diethyl ether chloroform or other organic solvents.
Function of Berberine.
1. Berberine has the function of removing heat and damp, relieving fire and eliminating toxins;
2. Berberine has the function of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antigens worm; And it has obvious inhibition to influenza viruses;
3. Berberine has the function of relaxing vascular smooth muscle, and anti diarrhea;
4. Berberine has the function of resisting arrhythmia,lowering presue, and regulating blood level;
5. Berberine With the function of cholagogue, it can increase bile secreted;
6.Berberine has anti cerebral ischemia effect, it can anti-oxygen free radical and reduce cerebral inland.