Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-29 Origin: Site
Application of Rhubarb Extract
Rhubarb extracts are extracts of dried roots and rhizomes of Rheum palmatum L., Rheum tanguticum Maxim. ex Balf. or medicinal Rheum officinale Baill.
1. Effects on the digestive system
(1) Diarrhea: The main site of diarrhea is the large intestine. The active ingredient in rhubarb diarrhea is anthraside, mainly sennoside. Sennosides are decomposed under the action of intestinal bacterial enzymes to produce rhein anthrone. Rhein anthrone can stimulate the large intestinal mucosa, increase intestinal motility and cause diarrhea.
(2) Choleretic and hepatoprotective effects: Rhubarb extract can promote bile secretion, increase the content of bilirubin and bile acid in bile, relieve bile duct sphincter spasm, enhance duodenum and bile duct relaxation, and dredge bile ducts and micro Stasis of bile in the bile ducts.
2. Effects on the blood system
(1) Hemostatic effect: Rhubarb extract has a definite hemostatic effect and quick effect. The effective ingredients are α-catechin and gallic acid. The mechanism of action is to promote the adhesion and aggregation of platelets; increase the number of platelets and fibrinogen content; reduce the activity of antithrombin Ⅲ; make the blood vessels of the injured area constrict.
(2) The effect of lowering blood lipid: Rhubarb extract can reduce the levels of total cholesterol, triacylglycerol, low-density lipoprotein, very low-density lipoprotein and lipid peroxide.
(3) Activating blood: Rhubarb extract has blood thinning effect. It may be through the osmotic pressure effect of plasma to promote the transfer of extracellular fluid into the blood vessel, thereby diluting the blood, leading to the reduction of blood cells, reducing the blood viscosity, and enhancing the micro Circulation to achieve the purpose of invigorating blood.
3. Anti-infective effect
It also has a certain killing effect on hepatitis B virus, a variety of fungi, ameba protozoa, and Trichomonas vaginalis
4. Antipyretic effect
In the acute phase of acute or infectious diseases, the application of rhubarb extract treatment can have a cooling effect, and the cooling is stable, without adverse reactions such as profuse sweating or collapse.
5. Immune regulation
Rhubarb extract has a two-way regulatory effect on the immune function. It has different degrees of immunosuppression. It has inhibitory or blocking effects on cellular and humoral immunity. Long-term application can cause thymus, spleen, lymph nodes and other immune organs. Shrinking.
6. Other functions
The tannins contained in rhubarb have a good antioxidant effect. Rhubarb polysaccharides also have obvious inhibitory effects on tumors, as well as hypolipidemic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and antihypertensive effects.
Special considerations for rhubarb:
Children: Rhubarb may be unsafe for children.
Pregnant and lactating women: Women at this stage are advised to consume less rhubarb, because it is not safe to consume rhubarb at this stage.
People with diarrhea or constipation: People with diarrhea and constipation cannot use rhubarb extract, because rhubarb itself has a laxative effect.
Gastrointestinal diseases: If you have intestinal obstruction, appendicitis; unexplained stomach pain or intestinal inflammation, do not take rhubarb extract.
Patients with renal failure: Rhubarb contains a chemical substance that may be harmful to the kidneys.
Kidney stones: If you have ever suffered from kidney stones, please do not take rhubarb
Liver problems: People with liver problems should avoid rhubarb.